Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Birth of a Blog

Computer trouble!
I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Richard, the 11 year old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over. Richard clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again." Richard grinned. "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?'' "No," I replied. "Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out. "So I wrote down:
I D 1 0 T. I used to like the little shit. (author unknown)

I received this email from a friend recently but had heard a story along this line about five years ago at a Reading First conference. After four days of this conference, this is what I came away with remembering! Maybe it was because it was the second summer attending this conference. Thought it would make a great title for something some day.
Aren't blogs great!
We have all been there, know people who have been there, or see people daily who are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment